Rediscover Life

Welcome and thank you for visiting my new blog. Join me as I rediscover my Love for writing, my Lust for Life, and my everyday Adventures.

4/5/11

Fear

Why are so many people so afraid of the simplest things? Why do we build walls to protect ourselves from the one thing we all want?

Love.

It is the purest form of truth, the most essential emotion, the base of everything. The human form cannot function without it, yet we try so hard to avoid it sometimes. We try to run from the possibility of forever, the chance of heartbreak, the likeliness of change. Shouldn't we be running towards these opportunities? Wouldn't you rather feel to remind yourself that you're alive and that you have such opportunities? Why are we afraid to take chances on ourselves and others?

Fear is the only reason. Yet Love is all there is, everything else is an illusion, including fear. Love is all there is. Let that sink in for a minute. Anything we could possibly be afraid of is something that only exists within ourselves, something we've created, scenarios that we waste time worrying about rather than enjoying the moment, feeling the emotion, regardless of what it is. It's okay to be angry, sad, hopeful, even scared, because these are emotions that are true and therefore based on Love. But we should never fear what might happen if we let someone in and allow them to Love us. Love is the most natural feeling in the world, and we should bestow it on ourselves and others everyday. I've heard people say, not only to me but to others, that they are so afraid of losing me or not having someone in their life that they would rather keep things the way they are instead of allowing change, but in reality this is an absurd concept. Personally, I would rather take the risk that I may find unconditional Love. Why would anyone waste time worrying about how something might turn out rather than enjoying the moment, often with someone they never expected to feel a certain way about? We must change the way we think and stop assuming that the worst is always going to happen.

If this is a concept that terrifies you, then I strongly suggest you run towards it and embrace it. Discover for yourself how exhilarating it is to feel and you will surely be guided towards Love. Besides, there is no where else to go. Love is our final destination.

No comments: