Rediscover Life

Welcome and thank you for visiting my new blog. Join me as I rediscover my Love for writing, my Lust for Life, and my everyday Adventures.

4/26/11

Good Riddance 27

Another year
gone by
different than the last

unforgettable adventures
a world away
a beach and scooter
that was my day
the ocean always called me
inviting me in
warming my soul
breaking my heart
with its beauty

reality set in
shortly after
my bed welcomed me home
until my home
was taken away
and my world
as I knew it
turned upside down
friendships tested
but never broken
except for when they were

Someone had to do it
prepare me
for what was to come
a lifetime of laughter
suddenly gone
blindsided by illusion
and Love
never imagining
you were anything but
Forever
Still trying to fathom
what actually happened
unsure if anything
even did
No man
has ever come close
caused my heart
to cringe in pain
like this
I miss you
everyday

Over and over
the tender age of 27
has tested
what I thought I knew
change has overwhelmed me
unbelievable beauty
has surrounded me
a new home
has found me
my own story
has inspired me
and shattered me
simultaneously

Forced to accept
that people really do
come and go
for reasons
we may not ever know
hatred and violence
exist
too close for comfort
altered my faith
only slightly
but enough
to remind me
it's there

My Life
is amazing
especially when my tears
clear my vision
and I can see
the joy
pain
Love
Laughter
confusion
in front of me
I acknowledge
all of it
appreciate it
Love it
Let it go

I'm ready
to embrace this new year
older
stronger
content

and this past year
of my Life
I say to you

Good Riddance 27
I'm done with you



© Ang Boyce 2011

No comments: