Rediscover Life

Welcome and thank you for visiting my new blog. Join me as I rediscover my Love for writing, my Lust for Life, and my everyday Adventures.

4/20/11

The Hell Beneath

You don't know me
other than our forgotten meeting
in the courthouse
and the few hallway encounters
where you wouldn't meet
my eyes
because you didn't want me to see
what I already knew

He's back
He hardly ever left

I don't need to know you
to see
when I can hear
the hatred
oozing out of the walls

You are a fighter though
I hear that too
I only wish you knew
that I'm willing you to leave
to find the courage
to Love yourself
and protect yourself
forever

Not just until he comes
banging
on your door
in the middle of the night
or decides
Monday morning
that he has a point to prove

There is nothing
absolutely nothing
that justifies
the stories he leaves
on your body

It's your screams
the bone-chilling kind
that remind me
all too often
Hell lurks beneath me

I've tried to put out the fire

They say I may have saved your life
that cold, festive night
when your pleas
for your life
shook me sober
and I did the only thing I knew

It didn't matter.

I don't know
what lie you've told yourself
to convince you to stay

But I do know
One thing

There is no Love there.

Love
does not throw you against the wall
and shatter your teeth

Love
does not lock you on the balcony
when it's forty below

Love
does not make you sob endlessly
when you won't accept help

You deserve Peace
in your home
and your soul

You deserve Respect
Love
Dignity
Trust
Friendship

A letter from the Board
slipped under my door
someone hears water running
they aren't sure where it comes from

Yet somehow
they all ignore
your screams

I've been told by a few
to just let it go
ignore it
like everyone else does

I wish you knew
my heart breaks for you

I wish I knew
how to help you

I wish the world knew
this ignorance has to stop


© Ang Boyce 2011

No comments: