Rediscover Life

Welcome and thank you for visiting my new blog. Join me as I rediscover my Love for writing, my Lust for Life, and my everyday Adventures.

5/15/11

Phu Quoc

I can hear the ocean crashing
as the rain falls down
what a perfect morning
to lounge around.

I'm sitting in our room
on the damp white bed
my worries have left me
and I just don't care
There's even a spider
crawling around somewhere.

I can smell the fresh rain air
as the ocean breeze envelops my face,
Nature is speaking to me
I feel so alive here
I just Love this place.

Relaxation is the purpose here
a break from the hustle & bustle
the city provides
No crowds of people
swarming the streets
or daring to cross to the other side.

Honking vehicles and jam-packed bikes
are nothing but an illusion here;
only frogs singing
and lizards creeping
while puppies laugh
and Steph drinks beer.

It's time to lay down
and listen to the trees
whisper in my ear
Nap-time is a ritual in Vietnam.

Have I mentioned yet
that I Love it here?


© Ang Boyce
written on August 5, 2008
Phu Quoc, Vietnam

No comments: